Indo-Russion Joint Research (last date 15 Nov 2014)
Indo-Ukraine Joint Research (31 Oct 2014)
indo-Korea Joint Research (30 Sep 2014)
India - Israel Research Initiative (19 Dec 2014)
Proposal DST - UKIERI Programme (Extended last date 30 Sep 2014)
Indo - French Programme - ICST (30 Sep 2014)
2.NISCAIR Research Journals
30.PSI gate provides access to evaluated network based information services and resources in the physical sciences.
37.The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
38.University of Tennessee – Research Guides – Citation Formats and Style Manuals, Databases and other e-resources collection.
The university library is Subscribing following e-Journals. This Online Journals can be accessed through a single platform@Knimbus
- The university library has organized one-day seminar on ‘Information Requirements of Today’s Users’ on 12th November 2005 at university campus.
- The university library has organized two-day workshop on ‘Digital Library initiatives using Dspace & GSDL’ during 16 – 17 March 2007 at university campus.
- The Central Library has organized an International Conference on ‘Knowledge Networking in ICT Era’ (KNICT09) during January 22-24 2009, as a part of Silver Jubilee Celebrations. Delegates from US, South Africa, New Zealand, France, Srilanka, Malaysia, Bangladesh and all parts of our country have been participated in the conference.
Photos : KNICT09
- A two day National Conference on 'Advancement Library and Information Science & Technology: Challenges and Opportunities (ALIST2015)' was conducted during 10 - 11 July 2015.
- The Central Library organized two day National Conference on 'Open Source Integrated Library Systems' during 8 - 9 June 2012.
In order to meet the contemporary needs of library user, the library is offering following value added services
- Book Circulation Service
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility
- Current Awareness Service
- Reprographic Service
- Effective Reservation Service
- Journal and Magazine Section
- Online Access to e-Resources
- News paper-clippings Service
- Article alert Service
- Internet facility
- Inter Library Loan and Document delivery service (DELNET & MALIBNET)
Audiovisual section of the university library consists of Audiocassettes, CD ROM diskettes and Videocassettes. The library collects the CD version of final year UG/PG student’s project reports to build the effective audiovisual section. The AV Section is having 29-inch colour television (Sony make), DVD player and 10 computer systems for effective and efficient utilization.
6.Vidyanidhi enhances access to Indian theses and enlarges the reach and audience for Indian doctoral research works
The revolution, which took place in information and communication technology (ICT) has made a paradigm shift in the route to access library & information centres. Realizing the importance of e-access and its advantages, the library has shifted its focus towards open access as well paid subscription to e-Books.
23.Gutenberg- more than 20,000 public domain books that are out of copyright and also world’s greatest fiction available.
27.Know Free is a web portal where users are able to exchange freely e-books, video training and other materials for educational purposes and self-practice
33.Memo Ware has a unique collection of thousands of documents (databases, literature, maps, technical references, lists, etc.)
34.Nonfiction35.Online Books for children36.Online Computer Books contains details about free computer books
38.Open Book Publishers – Publishing open access academic books in the humanities and social sciences.
42Read Print43.Scribed, the online document sharing site which supports Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and other popular formats.
47.The Public Library and Digital Archive
48.Topics like biography, fiction, games, history or tutorials etc.
The Central Library has purchased eBooks from Ocean Media. Ocean Media reference e-books are world class publications of reference e-books on various subjects of Science, Technology, Medical, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Science, Social Science, Art and Architecture, Humanities, Law, Defence, Security, World Affairs, Investigation, Arts and Vocational Education, Commerce, Business, Management and Economics… etc.
The eBooks can be accessed at PrQuest eBooks (ebrary)
- Silence to be maintained
- No discussion permitted inside the library
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library
- Textbook, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
- Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone in strictly prohibited in the library premises
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately
- Library borrowed cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the book borrowedon his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
Well qualified and experienced staffs operate the Central Library.
|1||Dr. K.SURESH KUMAR||Prof-in-Charge|
|2||Dr. P. PANNEERSELAVAM||Librarian|
|3||Dr. A. SELVANTONY||Assistant Librarian|
|4||Mr. T. PATTABHIRAMAN||Assistant Librarian|
|5||Dr. M.P.SRINIVASAN||Assistant Librarian|
|6||Mrs. S.B. RAIHANA||Library Assistant|
|7||Mrs. J. VANAJA||Library Assistant|
|8||Mr.D.KUMARESAN||System Analyst & Operator|
|10||Mr. I. TAJDEEN||Gate Keeper|
|11||Mr. V. NITHYANANDAN||Binder|
|12||Mr. A. ASISULLAH||Supporting Staff - Systems|
|13||Mr. M. SAMPATH KUMAR||Xerox Operator|
|14||Mr. R. DEVARAJ||Asst. - Circulations|
|15||Mr. S. SYED RASHEED AHMED||Xerox Operator|
|16||Mr. A. SENTHIL KUMAR||Attender|
|17||Mr. S. RASIK||Attender|
The Central Library has the Library advisory committee for
- Advising on funding needs necessary to efficiently provide the type and quality of services needed by the university community within the context of a research university environment.
- Advising on general policies related to the quality/depth of collections, services, instruction program, and infrastructure, as well as on major new initiatives and assessment processes
- Participating in strategic visioning with corresponding benchmarking criteria.
- Considering broad national issues pertinent to scholarly communication and open access, and communicating its perspectives, as appropriate, within and externally to the university.
- Facilitating communication with and obtaining feedback from the university community on library collections, programs, services, infrastructure, and communication mechanisms
Dr. M. Murugan, Dean (Academic Affairs)
Dr. R. Raja Prabu, Dean (Academic Research)
Dr. S. Kaja Mohideen, Dean (SECS)
Dr. P. K. Jawahar, Dean (Student Affairs)
Dr. P.M. Usha Rani, Dean (SSSH)
Dr. K. Suresh Kumar, Professor In-charge
Dr.G. Krishnamoorthy, Librarian, Anna University
Dr. Mahendra N Jadhav, Librarian, IIT